Polar, Wind and Geotail's Project overview. In the 1990s, collaborations between NASA, the European Space Agency (ESA), and the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (ISAS) of Japan resulted in the International Solar-Terrestrial Physics (ISTP) Science Initiative. Polar, Wind and Geotail are a part of this initiative, combining resources and scientific communities to obtain coordinated, simultaneous investigations of the Sun-Earth space environment over an extended period of time.
Wind Near-Realtime Data    |
Polar (operations ended 2008 April 28)
Wind 2014 Update
Single event upsets in the command and attitude processor (CAP1) on the Wind spacecraft impeded operations for a short time in 2014. The timeline is below:
- 2014 Oct. 26 to Nov. 7: No data
- 2014 Nov. 7-20: partial coverage, mostly incorrect attitude and time, with CAP2 clock way behind real time until Nov. 20
- 2014 Nov. 21: error encoding disabled on CAP2
- 2014 Oct. 26 to Nov. 26: No SWE data
- 2014 Nov. 26 to Dec. 1: Only HK SWE data
- 2014 Dec. 1: SWE returned to full functionality
- 2015 Jan. 21 ~22:30:20-23:36:00: attitude/telemetry info invalid
- 2015 Jan. 28 ~20:16:00-21:44:00: attitude/telemetry info invalid
- 2015 Jan. 29 ~22:59:00-23:47:00: attitude/telemetry info invalid
- 2015 Jan. 30 ~16:28:00-17:50:00: attitude/telemetry info invalid
- 2015 Jan. 30 17:50: return to full operations on CAP1
Data from 2014 Nov. 6 to 2015 Jan. 30 have transmission errors on the order of 1 bit every 1250 bytes, so use with caution. Use of data for 2014 Nov. 7-21 requires extensive analysis and correction and is discouraged.
News & Announcements
New Missions Supported in CDAWeb and SSCWeb
Data from all THEMIS instruments and the SWAVES experiments on STEREO A/B are now available via CDAWeb. THEMIS orbit data (including long range predicts) are now supported in SSCWeb, STEREO orbits are supported in both SSCWeb and HelioWeb.
Email list for PWG Announcements
Please sign up for an email list of announcements related to PWG http://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov data. Postings to firstname.lastname@example.org will be very infrequent but are especially useful to regular users of the data. To subscribe, send an email to email@example.com.